Sunday 28 October 2012

Tiger I Part Two.

Ok, in the long run this Tiger will be on a Winter Dio with a Panther MkV and Possibly a Stug. My Idea is to place them either being loaded onto or off loaded from a Train, I want to use the Trumpeter BR86 Dampflokomotive
As I said it'll be in Winter with lots of German soldiers milling around, not quite sure of the fine details just yet. Its at this time that I find out that I should have put Travelling Tracks onto the Tiger as real Tiger Tanks where to wide for the flatbed wagons, so the Tracks where changed for narrower one's, so at the moment I have the wrong tracks on mine ! Yes I will be blogging my mistakes too, at the moment I'll leave the tracks in place and have a think about what to do.
I've added most of the detail to the main body and the turret and a quick coat of Matt Stone pulls it all together. To get her to this point has taken around a Month. In this blog I've condenced it down as like I said earlier this is in retrospect.
This photo shows the Exhaust Shields, I've shown them with a lot of rust as this area has a lot of heat and moisture so the Camo paint doesn't stay on very long defore its burnt off. They also have a small amount of Winter White Wash still on them. The rest of the Tank has been White Washed and then faded and warn, plus I've added some new and old rust to some areas.
Now we're bang up to date, this is where I am at the moment, just the fine details to pick out. I'll also add some Stowage and Equipment.
Thanks for looking,
Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment