Saturday 27 October 2012

Tiger I Part 1

The First Project on my Blog will be a 1/35 Tamiya Mid-Production Tiger I. I'll back track a little as she's almost finished.
Now strangely the Box Art shows her with Zimmerit but the Kit doesn't have any moulded into any of the parts, so I'll have to add it myself. For this I'll use Super Fine Milliput, I'll add it to the body first then I'll move on to the Turret.
I've taken out a few spots here and there to look like wear and tear, once its dry I sanded it back a little just to take off the high spots.
One thing I have done is cut the Side Skirts into sections, They come as one large piece, but look a little to tidy for a Tank thats been in Battle for some time. I also bent up some edges and generally made them look worn. When it comes time to add these to the body I'll leave a couple off to further the damaged effect.
After two days of adding Zimmerit, this is where we are. I've drilled through the Zim on the Turret so I can add the spare Track Links and attachments.
The Turret Stowage Box was thinned in a couple of places, then I made some jagged holes to represent Shrapnel Damage.
Time to make the Track !! and it does take some time. each Link has to be sanded slightly where it was attached to the Sprue. Each finished track will have 100 links, I glue three lengths together and let them stand for around 30 minutes. This means I can bend them to shape without them coming apart.
Here I've used a couple of pairs of Tweezers to add some Sag to the Tracks.





No comments:

Post a Comment