Friday 16 November 2012

Panther Build (Overview)

Other than the Tiger there will be a Panther V in the Dio too. So here's a quick post on the building of it.
Years ago when I was about Ten I had this kit, but at that time you got a little drive motor with it and you could control it with a simple hand held remote. Looking at it now it's exactly the same but without the Motor. It is qiute a basic kit with not a lot of parts, but it does the job quite well.
Once Built up I added some simple side skirts from sheet Styrene. I also placed the Tank Barrel into the Barrel Lock as the Tank will be on a Train Flatbed Gondola.
Once painted I added a Dark Wash followed by the winter wash, again as with the Tiger I'll add Photo Etched Vent Covers.
Decals added and another thinned Winter wash followed by Rust streaks here and there. With both Tanks I want them to look like they've been out on the Battlefield for quite some time. The Rust is a little heavy and I'll Calm it down later.
Next is to paint the Rubber on the Road Wheels, a job that I hate but needs doing so I'll get on with it.

Thanks for Looking
Andy.


No comments:

Post a Comment